Prime Minister Justin Trudeau: Your statement of Canada willing to assist Sri Lanka address serious violations of international law during the war.
Posted on May 24th, 2016
Asoka Weerasinghe Kings Grove Crescent, Gloucester, Ontario, K1J 6G1
19 May 2016
Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau
Prime Minister of Canada
House of Commons, Ottawa.
Hon. Rona Ambrose. Interim Leader of the Conservative Party
Hon. Tom Mulcair. Leader of the NDP
Hon. Stephane Dion, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Hon. Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety
Dear Prime Minister Justin Trudeau:
Re: Your Statement of Canada willing to assist Sri Lanka to address serious violations of international law during the war.
- ColomboPage, Sri Lanka’s Internet Newspaper of today (19 May) gave me the news of your statement – Canada willing to assist Sri Lanka to set up a robust mechanism to investigate and address serious violations of international law during the war.”
- There is something skewed and dishonest about this statement of your ‘honourable’ intentions. So I have come out temporarily from my retirement on Sri Lanka’s Tamil Tiger Terrorist War file to brief you, and perhaps educate you on this painful unnecessary 100,000 innocents killing episode by the Tamil Tigers that haemorrhaged that pretty island nation, my Motherland, for 30 bloodying years, which I see you have difficulty to understand and acknowledge.
- Prime Minister Trudeau, here’s my problem. I have been on top of this issue since the ethnic riots broke up on July 24, 1983, when you were a very intelligent and an impressionable boy attending middle-school at age 12. And I have been living in Ottawa all this while following the hoaxy shenanigans of the Canadian Government using the big stick on Sri Lanka when Canada was one of the international culprits that encouraged the Tamil separatists and prolonged this ethnic war. I will explain that later. And I am also aware of the dishonest shenanigans of your Liberals during the Jean Chretien’s and Paul Martin’s Prime Ministering days. I will explain that too later.
- As Dr. Martin Luther King did say, “We shall have to repent in this generation not so much for the evil deeds of the wicked people, but for the appalling silence of the good people.” So I have put on the hat of the “good people” to lay out to you without factual distortions what is right and honest on this Sri Lankan episode which you have been fooled and lead to believe otherwise by the Tamil Diaspora, which you all depend on for information and not from the Sinhalese-Canadian community. Never want to hear from us, do you? And that is a black mark on Canada’s Foreign Policy psyche on Sri Lanka. That ethnic war was between two peoples, the separatist Tamils and the mainly majority Sinhalese whom the Tamils accuse were persecuting and discriminating them. So there are two stories that relate to this war and you Liberals focus on the Tamils only. I smell a nasty rat here, and that is the rub, Prime Minister.
- The Sri Lankan Tamil Tiger ethnic war was engineered in particular by three foreign countries. No.1 was Indira Gandhi’s India that took over the barefooted Tamil guerrilla fighters to be trained in 32 of India’s military camps from 1983-85, mainly in Tamil Nadu and taught them how to walk in jack boots discarding their thong sandals and shoot straight wearing military fatigues at targets with Kalashnikovs. And practise the leopard crawl, monkey crawl, ghost walk, shoot with G3 pistols, SLRs, SMGs, No.36 Browning revolvers, launching rocket launchers, 2” Mortar, explosives, pull the pins in hand grenades and throw them at targets like throwing a cricket ball onto a three stump wicket, et cetera. And sent back the now trained and graduated Tamil Tiger terrorists in jackboots, fatigues with festoons of live bullets around their necks, and cradling Kalashnikovs like babies, and pockets filled with money to Northern Sri Lanka to destabilize this island nation by killings, bombings and ethnic cleansing, and dissect Sri Lanka in to two.
- International culprit No.2 was Norway that provided funds to the Tamil Tigers to purchase lethal war weapons; brought in as diplomatic cargo six tonnes of high powered dual use satellite communications equipment for their propaganda work to relay messages globally, and to track Tamil dissidents opposed to their separatist cause and getting them eventually. And their Scandinavian Ceasefire Monitors letting the Tamil Tigers bring in 11 shiploads of armoury through the east coast at night, and tipped off the 12th floating armoury warehouse that the Sri Lankan Navy was coming after them and they hooked onto the International waters and disappeared out of sight.
- The Norwegians also provided an ex-Norwegian Special Force to the Tamil Tigers who taught their underwater demolition techniques to help carry out attacks on port facilities and the Sri Lankan Navy, at a location off the coast of Thailand. And these are the ‘goody-two-shoes’ salmon eating Vikings who wanted to negotiate peace between the Tamil Tigers, their prodigies, and the Sri Lankan Government. Shish, what hypocrisy!
- International culprit No.3 was Canada who let the Tamil Tiger sympathisers collect two million dollars a month for 13 Liberal Party governing years and stuff them into Tamil Tiger war chests to purchase sophisticated war killing weapons, and let them cut a cheque from a bank in Vancouver to purchase explosives from the Ukraine. First a Sri Lankan-Tamil in Britain set up the Euro-Ukraine Consultancy Agency with offices in Kiev and London, His Company then negotiated with a state-owned Ukraine Company, Rubezone Chemical Factory for this purchase. A cheque for millions of dollars was cut from a Canadian Bank in Vancouver in 1994 from an account of a Tamil to buy 10 tons of hexagon, a plastic explosives like Semtex, 50 tons of Trinitrotoluene (TNT) and a large quantity of electric timing caps and detonator cord. The deal included 345 tons of cement and a single seat sports plane which was dismantled before shipping.
These explosives bought with Canadian dollars were used in a Tamil Tiger truck bomb on 31 January 1996 to bring down the Central Bank Building in Colombo’s Financial District killing 114 and maiming for life another 1338 people. All sentenced to death and injury by a callous ‘couldn’t-care-less’ foreign country, Canada, that had the habit of poking its fingers into the internal affairs in their sister Commonwealth nation, Sri Lanka, to appease the separatist Tamils in the Greater Toronto Area, to garner their votes in the thousands, to win nine ridings at the next federal elections, and nothing else.
Cruel and a crude way to get voted into parliament.
- Aiding and abetting this war in favour of the Tamil Tigers by Canada, several Liberal party parliamentarians lead by Cabinet Minister’s Paul Martin (Finance) and Maria Minna (CIDA) patronized a $60 a plate dinner organized by FACT to raise funds for the most ruthless Tamil Tiger terrorists on 6 May 2000, in Toronto, was proof positive that your Liberal party’s support for the Tamil Tigers to have their own mono-ethnic, racist Tamil state, Eelam by breaking that island democracy in to two.
- So Prime Minister Trudeau, with such an insidious back ground, you showed Canada’s immoral gall and temerity when being responsible for the death and destruction for decades in Sri Lanka, now wanting to wear the cloak of respectability of “goody-two-shoes” wanting to assist Sri Lanka to address serious violations of international law during the war. Ha! This is bullish, this lacks honesty and not Canadian, and this is an abominable crap and this is not kosher. And if you think that the world is guided by Canada’s shooting-star axis of “We are holier than thou”, you got that one wrong, big time, Sir.
We witnessed some months ago how Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper went to a hissy-fit to boycott the Commonwealth conference held in Colombo, Sri Lanka, wanting to play the Commonwealth Pied Piper hoping that all the other countries would fall behind him to change the venue, He was into a big surprise.
England, Australia, New Zealand told him to go and fly a kite at Lebreton Flats that they won’t follow him, and so did scores of other Commonwealth nations. To win the Tamil votes at home was not their worry. It was clearly Stephen Harper’s problem and a few months later he lost the federal election to you Liberals. And he lost almost all the Sinhalese-Canadian votes, including mine, for pandering to the Tamils and ignoring the voice of the Sinhalese-Canadians. A lesson that you too should make a note of.
- If Canada has any inclination to clean up her act of collecting buckets of smelly codswallop to throw at Sri Lanka to undermine her with the intention to seek thousands of Tamil votes in the Greater Toronto Area, then Prime Minister it is time that you set up an honest Lester Pearsonian accountability mechanism to investigate Canada’s role in Tamil Tiger terrorism in Sri Lanka, and Canada’s encouraging Tamils to fight the Sri Lankan government to carve out one-third of its territory bordered by 66 percent of the coast line for 3.9% (World Watch) of their population. Thousands and thousands of the 1983’s 12.6% Tamil population flew out of the koha’s nest when the flood gates around the western world opened for them after the riots, and many thousands thumbed their noses at their Mother India, while flying over her and landed on their knees on Canadian soil saying that they were running away from discrimination and persecution by the majority Sinhalese.
- Do you know what Prime Minister Trudeau that riot of July 1983 was a God’s send for the Tamils as 85% of the Tamils who landed their two feet on Canadian soil wouldn’t have had a snow ball chance in hell to immigrate to Canada if they had to go through the immigration point system. And do you know what Prime Minister, all of these Convention refugees buy the first plane ticket out of the country no sooner they get their Canadian passport to visit Sri Lanka and their families in the country that they ran away from. And that’s a Tamil Fact. ..You didn’t know that, did you? These Tamil-Canadian domestic refugees are not going to tell you that, will they now?
- What these Tamils who say that they have been discriminated in Sri Lanka seeking your sympathy, lacked the capacity to be honest and failed to tell you and your Liberal caucus that the Tamils were the ‘privileged minority’ and the Sinhalese were the ‘wronged majority’ during 131 years of colonial rule and mny years beyond after Independence on February 4, 1948. And when Colombo was burning on July 24, 1983, the three of the most important State officials were Tamils. The Head of the Judiciary, Chief Justice S. Sharvananda was a Tamil; the Government’ highest legal officer the Attorney General Shiva Pasupathi was a Tamil, and the island’s Chief of Police was Rudra Rajasingham, also was a Tamil. In addition three top diplomats were Tamils at important postings like London, UK. All these appointments were proof positive that there were no discrimination and the Tamils were opportunistic liars feeding their lies to the Canadian gullible bleeding hearts. Discriminated and persecuted, my foot, I say.
- It is only natural for me to believe that what is good for the goose should be good for the gander. But it doesn’t seem to be with the three major political parties in Canada – the Liberals, the Conservatives and the NDP.
It was almost 46 years ago on 12 October 1970 that your dear Dad, the Rt. Honourable Pierre Elliot Trudeau evoked the War Measures Act suspending civil liberties and personal freedoms of all Canadians. Why? Because Quebec’s FLQ terrorists were blowing letter boxes, wanting the Province of Quebec to be their separate French state. And they kidnapped British diplomat James Cross and Quebec’s Provincial Labour Minister Pierre Laporte and later murdered him.
“Just watch me” is the phrase made famous by Prime Minster Pierre Trudeau on October 13, 1970, when he responded to Tim Ralfe the CBC journalist on evoking the War Measures Act. “Well there are a lot of bleeding hearts around who just don’t like the people with helmets and guns. All I can say is go and bleed, but it is more important to keep law and order in this society than to be worried about weak-kneed people who don’t like the looks of a soldier’s helmet.”
The Canadian Government wasn’t happy when former President of Sri Lanka, Mahinda Rajapaksa, spoke similar words in defence of annihilating the Tamil Tigers on the 19th May 2009 on the sandy beach of the Nandikadal lagoon on the east coast of Sri Lanka, and gave back his 21 million peoples their right-to-life which was hijacked by the Tamil Tigers for 30 long years.
The pathetic Press Release from Conservative Foreign Minister Lawrence Cannon after the Tamil Tigers were annihilated by the Sri Lankan Armed Forces said a lot about Canada’s attitude towards Sri Lanka over this war.
I say tough-tiddy Canada, because Sri Lanka is not your colony, and stop acting like a bunch of arrogant la-di-da colonial masters.
And now Prime Minister Trudeau, you are being fallacious and disingenuous by saying that you are willing to assist Sri Lanka to address serious violations of international law during the war. What about the three International culprits, India, Norway and Canada who aided and abetted that ugly war which killed over 100,000 innocent people. Are you going to deal with them too? They deserve the wrath of the Sri Lankans in that island nation who have suffered the most. Most certainly, not those Tamils living in luxury in Canada and molly-coddled by the three major political parties, the Liberals, the Conservatives and the NDP, as they all want their precious votes.
- I now understand that the February 4, 2009, Canadian Parliament’s Tamil Tiger Blarney Gong Show is coming to town, to Ottawa’s parliament’s chambers soon, to discuss and debate the ‘Tamil Genocide’ which they, deluded with fairy tales, think happened during the latter part of the Tamil Tiger terrorist war. For these Liberal parliamentarians, dream on, I say.
Wow! Prime Minister that needs a lot of shameless thick-layered guts to try their repeat performance to nail Sri Lanka onto the cross. Will they succeed? I have my doubts. No, let me correct myself. Never!
On February 4th, 2009, the Liberal Party’s Terrible Five, Robert Oliphant, Derek Lee, Jim Karygiannis, Judy Sgro and Albina Guanieiri tried to stick the ‘Genocide’ label with crazy-glue on Sri Lanka and its Armed Forces. The crazy-glue rebelled and didn’t perform and the charge of ‘Genocide’ just slithered away into oblivion. Your Tamil vote hungry Liberal politicians have the obnoxious habit of spewing the words ‘Tamil-Genocide’ willy-nilly as a hot, spiced up Vindaloo based word hoping that it would burn in Sri Lanka’s bowels in hell. Your Terrible Five failed miserably and they looked a picture of A Quintet of Stupidity. And hell No, we are not trying this hoaxy shenanigan again, are we, Prime Minister?
- My understanding of the act/word ‘Genocide’ comes from Raphal Lemkin, the Polish legal scholar who coined the word after World War II, as a crime for destroying or conspiring to destroy a group of people because of their ethnic, national, racial or religious identity. How so, your Liberal anti-Sri Lanka parliamentarians are trying once again to apply that to Sri Lanka when the Sri Lankans have come through victorious of a Liberation War, having sacrificed 6,261 of their soldiers from July 2006 and May 2009 when they accepted the challenge of the most ruthless terrorist group in the world, the Tamil Tigers, who started the Eelam IV War, and had 29,551 wounded on the way to save 295,873 Tamil civilians who were held hostage by their own clan members, the Tamil Tigers, for 30 months and pushed them along from the west coast to the east coast like a herd of unwashed cattle under a scorching Jaffna sun. In my logic, perhaps yours too Prime Minister, saving the lives of 295,873 Tamil civilians from death from the hands of the Tamil Tigers does not equate to ‘Genocide.’ Far from it.
- Perhaps, as a preamble before the Canadian Parliament’s Tamil Blarney Gong Show II begins in the House Chambers, it would be prudent for you to ask one of your anti-Sri Lanka Liberal MPs, perhaps the rookie Tamil MP, Gary Anandasangaree, to explain why they would call preparing and feeding one million healthy breakfasts, lunches and dinners every day for these 295,873 Tamil refugees in refugee camps for months and months and months as ‘Genocide’. They were kept alive without starving them to death ending their lives criminally. And these foolish Liberal parliamentarians are trying to debate Tamil Genocide during their Gong Show, Prime Minister, let’s not waste parliament’s valuable time on this God-awful, preposterous, foolishness. Cut it an let’s not proceed with this crude joke.
Prime Minster Justin Trudeau, I hope you made a note that not a single Canadian parliamentarian from all three parties had the capacity of honesty and the gumption to acknowledge this amazing humanitarian and human rights gesture, to acknowledge and say Bravo! to the Sri Lankan Armed Force for liberating 295,873 Tamil civilians from the clutches of the Tamil Tigers who used them as a human shield, and also say Bravo to the Sri Lankan Government for sheltering these 295,873 Tamil refugees and feeding them a million meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner every day, prepared by the majority Sinhalese who the Tamil refugees who landed on Canadian soil reported to you that they were discriminated and persecuted by the majority Sinhalese. It was easy for these Sinhalese not to cook and feed them and let them starve to death. But that didn’t happen and the Canadian parliamentarians may have been disappointed with that no show.
I say shame to all these parliamentarians for not acknowledging this amazing human rights/humanitarian act that renders Canadian politics a lousy, hypocritical, dishonest profession.
- What is also against these Parliamentary anti-Sri Lanka characters is that 54 per cent of the Tamil population in Sri Lanka live in the South happily ever after. And 41% of the population in the capital Colombo are Tamils. So what Tamil-Genocide may I ask?
So there you are Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Let’s dismiss the embarrassing Canada Parliaments’ Tamil Tiger Blamey Gong Show II. Please don’t embarrass yourself and don’t embarrass us.. How stupid can we get for the want of a Tamil vote in the Greater Toronto Area. This is ridiculous. This is insane.
- But let me conclude this brief by intimating that your unwarranted statement with a pro-Tamil Tiger stance only promotes and supports the separatist Tamil cause, who are hell bent to divide Sri Lanka for the want of their mythical Eelam. This in no way helps the reconciliation process that has been put in place in Sri Lanka.
- And if ever you want to help Sri Lanka and its peace process, remember that the war that ended on May 19, 2009 were between two peoples, just not only the Tamils as your parliamentarians have recognized and acknowledged.
Favour Sri Lanka by sending every separatist-Tamil refugee to ESL classes and teach them the word S-O-R-R-Y to understand what it is meant to be, and enunciate it properly and to use it freely when meeting the members from the majority Sinhalese community, as they are much at fault as the accused majority Sinhalese or perhaps, more so, as they are a cunning bunch wanting their mono-ethnic, racist Tamil state, Eelam, claiming the north and east as their ‘homeland, by ethnic cleansing the Sinhalese and Muslims who lived their for generations The Tamils are no lily-white nor are they paragons of virtue.
- And my concluding prayer is – Sweet Mother of Jesus, please help these Liberal Parliamentarians to understand the word “Genocide” and have the capacity to be honest and kind to Sri Lanka as she does not need these unholy fairy tales from these Canadian parliamentarians who know absolutely nothing about Sri Lanka! Amen! Hallelujah!
Ottawa-Vanier Ridi g