European Union must apologize for Human Zoos before preaching human rights!
Posted on February 27th, 2017
Shenali D Waduge
Anglo-American influenced UN is going after Japan on the issue of ‘comfort women’ which took place in World War 2 but the UN is not taking any action against the victims of the human zoos set up by Europeans well into the 1950s? Human zoos prevailed for over 100 years throughout Paris, Hamburg, Antwerp, Barcelona, London, Milan, and Warsaw. These humans were exhibits to some 300,000 Europeans! The World’s Fair, in 1889 had 28million Europeans come to watch 400 indigenous people! Some of these human zoos continue to the 21st century. How can Europe say racism is in the past! Why has there been no action against the primitiveness of putting the ‘primitive’ on display for entertainment? Is it because the perpetrators are white? Were these acts of racial superiority ever condemned and apologized? These same Europeans that kept humans in cages and have not apologized for their crimes accuse other nations of keeping people in ‘internment camps’ though they have never been given the treatment that the whites showed to the non-whites! This is what we would like to remind the European nations who have self-elevated themselves on a moral high-ground when clearly evidence of their crimes give them no reason to even use the words morals or ethics. All these gruesome acts are kept nicely hidden to project the notion of superiority. It is time the hypocrisies end.
Europeans paid to attend fairs where non-Europeans semi-naked or naked were put inside cages.
- Columbus and Vespucci took back natives to Europe to parade their trophies.
- In 1810 a 20 year old South African girl was transported to Europe and exhibited in cages – 4 years later she died. Her skeleton, sexual organs and brain were put on display at the Museum of Mankind in Paris. In 2002, President Nelson Mandela formally requested the repatriation of her remains.
- An exhibition in Brussels in 1897 even included a sign reading, “Do not feed the Congolese. They have been fed.” This exhibition saw more than a BILLION attend between 1870 and 1940
- In 1883 at the International Colonial and Export Exhibition in Amsterdam even the Ceylonese were put on display.
- The 1900 World’s Fair
- In 1906 the Bronx Zoo in New York City put a Congolese pygmy on display and forced to carry apes. The board outside the cage read “Age, 23 years. Height, 4 feet 11 inches. Weight, 103 pounds. Brought from the Kasai River, Congo Free State, South Central Africa, by Dr. Samuel P. Verner. Exhibited each afternoon during September.”
- In 1906 the French built 6 different villages in Jardin d’Agronomie Tropicale displaying villages with natives from Madagascar, Indochine, Sudan, Congo, Tunisia and Morocco. 1million Europeans had come to view them from May-Oct 1907.
- Between 1877 and 1912, approximately thirty ethnological exhibitions were presented at the Jardin zoologique d’acclimatation – in , 1889 Paris celebrated 100 years of “liberty, equality and fraternity.” !!!! (obviously none of these rights applied to non-whites)
- Colonial Exhibitions in Marseilles (1906 and 1922)
- The Paris exhibitions held in 1907 and 1931 saw 34million attend in 6 months. In 1896 Cincinnati Zoo had 100 Sioux Native Americans in a mock village at the zoo for three months.
- The Brussels 1958 World’s Fair kept a Congolese village on display
- In 1925, a display at Belle Vue Zoo in Manchester, England, was entitled “Cannibals” and featured black Africans depicted as savages
- In 1994 – Nantes, France an Ivory Coast village was on display.
- In 2005 – Germany’s Augsburg’s zoo too had humans on display
- In August 2005, London Zoo also displayed humans wearing fig leaves,
- In 2007, Adelaide Zoo housed people in a former ape enclosure
The white Europeans that laugh and ridicule others as ‘cannibals’ were themselves human eaters.
During the 1st Crusade in 1098 (Ma’arra is modern day Syria) an eyewitness had written “In Ma’arra our troops boiled pagan adults in cooking-pots; they impaled children on spits and devoured them grilled.” The chronicler Albert of Aix wrote “Not only did our troops not shrink from eating dead Turks and Saracens; they also ate dogs!”
In 1492 doctors of Pope Innocent VIII used vampire-like techniques on 3 young boys to enable the Pope to drink their blood. The boys and the Pope however died. Europeans made candles out of human fat even upto 1880s. King Charles II sipped a mix of human skull with alcohol! A French Franciscan monk made marmalade out of human blood.
The People Show – Human treated as Zoo exhibits
What is tragic is that India still continues the human zoos. What is ironical is that the Western newspapers sneer at India for it while totally ignoring that the West started the practice!
Human zoos were even on display in Brussels where the European Unions’ defacto capital lies. Britain and America continue to display in museums human remains that are human trophies of their massacres and subjugation of indigenous populations. “whose heads were decapitated by the colonial occupying force, were then dispatched to England, to signify British victory over, and subjugation of, the local population… surely, keeping decapitated heads as war trophies, in this day and age, in a national history museum, must rank among the highest forms of racist moral decadence, sadism and human insensitivity.” (Robert Mugabe)
What is shocking is that the human zoos were to make white people feel morally superior to blacks and justify their invasion and exploitation as well as showcase why the whites need to ‘civilize’ the victims. Sadism was such that the whites enjoyed viewing the bare-breasted women at low-priced tickets which gave viewers a respectable peep in a puritanical society that otherwise did not tolerate nudity.
The act of caging humans was calculated with intent to show that if let lose they are dangerous. This psychologically made people approve all types of extermination techniques used in the colonies. The millions of visitors that poured into watching these human zoos epitomized the psyche of the people themselves creating a demand-supply.
In turn the whites were made to feel that they were doing the blacks a service by employing them as slaves and allowing them to live on their land. These psychological impacts continues to exist whatever ‘equality’ is promoted. Racism never ended – it began and continues by the white race. Hard as it is to accept, this is the truth. Reactions by blacks though wrong, cannot come close to the treatment meted out to them by the white race over hundreds of years invading their lands, disturbing their way of life, their cultures, their traditions and forcibly instilling a culture that was foreign to them.
What is also interesting is that the ‘human rights activists’ are very selective in what they champion. While they can go back to Comfort Women and accuse the Japanese, they will not even think about demanding apology for the human zoos and the humiliation blacks/Asians were subject to, in front of an audience that went into millions of whites who probably are continuing to carry that racism.
So we again ask, what is this equality that the West is preaching about? Why are none of the White Crimes ever taken to the dock? These are no small or negligible crimes.
Colonial crimes that include taking over lands, murder of natives, destruction of livelihoods, genocide, rape, forced conversions, cultural genocide, artificial demarcation of lands & territories root of which present conflicts arise, divide and rule policies which again find roots to the present conflicts have never been allowed to be taken to the dock. Even when done the British govt has refused to accept court verdicts and UN puppet is silent.
Similarly, the current post World War incursions, illegal humanitarian interventions, covert acts of modern missionaries in the form of western government funded NGOs and the damage they do to countries are overlooked by the very governments that use the covert actions to bring other countries to task using the slogans – freedom, human rights, equality etc. The very slogans that the West flouts unabashedly for which none of their crimes are taken to any international court, the hypocrisy is that these very perpetrators claim themselves to be morally above all others.
The example of human zoos that continued even to the 21st century is a glaring example of that hypocrisy and showcases the puppet nature of the UN and its officials as well whose justice is selective and none of the Western crimes ever get taken to the dock while the criminals preach good governance to the rest of the world. Europe should feel ashamed.
Shenali D Waduge
Andaman Islands native women end up dancing and singing for tourists. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frw3O8R6-vg&feature=player_embedded&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chillhour.com%2Fmodern-human-zoo