Sirisena – the Container Pachaya
Posted on April 4th, 2017
By : A.A.M.NIZAM – MATARA
(Former Vice President of the Matara Electorate Central Committee of the SLFP)
J.R.Jayawardene earned the condemnation and the wrath of the people as the ‘Ton Pachaya’ due to the blatant lies he uttered and the enormous blank promises he made to the people. Eunuch Sirisena came to power uttering loads of lies and giving amazing promises to the people and continue to say unashamed lies which no one can believe or even imagine of. Accordingly he becomes the biggest liar in the history of this country and hence it is quite appropriate to call him as the ‘Container Pachaya’.
Some of the blatant and hilarious lies uttered by him included that :
- He will abolish the Executive Presidential System
- He will establish a Yahapalana government and be fair to everyone
- The western countries are waiting in queues to invest under his government
- He will not allow VAT to be imposed and those who have formulated this scheme will be sacked and sent home
- He continues to say a funny story about wrong doings by the government and tries to project himself as an Ukku-Baba by saying that ‘ I do not know anything about it and I came to know about it only through the newspapers.’
- He said that stern action will be taken against corruption and malpractices regardless of the person involved. But it is nearly two years now that no action has been taken against Arjun Mahendran, a Singaporean, who is alleged to have carried out the biggest robbery in the history of Sri Lanka.
- He says that he has become President not to crown any of his family members, But his brother Dudley Sirisena is the biggest rice supplier in the country, supplying rice to Sathosa and other government institutions, another brother is the Chairman of Telecom drawing a huge salary several times more than Sirisena’s own salary, other brothers hold monopolies of stone supplies and sand supplies, daughter Chaturika owns an advertising firm named “Media Gang Advertising Co,” which is being patronized by government institutions and unscrupulous businessmen and politicians, and son Daham becomes a delegation member of Sirisena’s foreign visits, in addition to his wife.
- Total freedom will be given for media, and for expression of views, despite this promise CSN TV channel has been suspended, several other channels have been warned saying that their license will be cancelled and several newspaper editors have been threatened.
- In International and national symposiums he jabbers about eradication of the drug menace, underworld activities and environmental pollution but drug menace and underworld activities have reached its zenith in Sri Lanka, even School children are not safe from drug peddlers, Ministers and MPs are reported to be patronizing underworld gangs, and environment pollution is so evident with mountains of garbage almost everywhere. Sri Lanka is experiencing drought not because of harsh weather conditions but because of drying up of rivers, canals and reservoirs due to extensive sand mining and stone querying.
- He said that no one will be politically victimised but almost all members in the joint opposition and their supporters are being continuously harassed and questioned by FCID and other institutions on bizarre and concocted charges.
- I remember that a few years ago participating in the popular 7th Hour (Hathe Peya)programme of the ITN he told the interviewer Sanjeewa that he started his politics as a member of Mr. Shanmugathasan’s China Communist Party and when he organized a meeting for Mr. Shanmugathan to address, his father slapped him and chased him out of the house. People in Polonnaruwa said that in 1971 he was a JVPer and when he was arrested by the Police he betrayed the other members of his group by giving their names to the Police and got clemency
- He says that he is a people’s politician and he has carried out political activities by riding a bicycle and walking by foot and he has walked 40 miles on a single day, perhaps a world record.
- He says that he used to travel by public transport and walk to his house by foot.
- He claims that he is the son of a farmer although as per our understanding he was the son of a soldier and he has never stepped into a field with a mammoty or a plough in hand and it is hilarious to find him stating that farmers in this country will be crowned when he has deprived the farmers the fertilizer subsidy they were enjoying.
- He was trying to hide the fact that the Moragahakanda project was started by Mr. Mahinda Rajapaka in 2008 and laid a foundation stone to this same project in 2016 saying that this project was one of his dreams.
- Similarly he declares open many finished projects started by the former President and sometimes even removing the original foundation laying plaque to give the impression that project was a new one.
- He has said that no foreign judges, defence lawyers and authorised prosecutors and
investigators will be allowed despite the fact that Sri Lanka has agreed to these
conditions under Articles 4 and 6 of the UN resolution 30/1 2015 which Sri Lanka co-sponsored
- He says that he is not prepared to make any war hero a suspect in the charges levelled against the armed forces and the government on the alleged violations of human rights during the war against terrorism but several valiant war heroes who dedicatedly and determinedly fought the terrorist enemies to liberate the country are languishing in the remand priso
On top of these manifest lies he went to Russia recently and boasted that he is the first Sri Lankan leader to visit Russia after Madam Sirimavo Bandaranaike’s visit to that country in 1974.
We wonder whether this Eunuch intoxicated with pride and arrogance owing to Ven. Maduluwawe Sobhita Thero making him the common candidate and winning the 2015 Presidential Election due to the patronage extended by the Tamil diaspora making the Tamils to vote for him en bloc is suffering from an acute amnesia and forgotten the recent history or deliberately trying to hoodwink the people thinking that the people too are suffering from amnesia.
He should be reminded that President Mahinda Rajapaksa was the Sri Lankan leader to visit Russia after Madam Sirimavo Bandaranaike’s visit to that country in 1974, and not him as it was claimed by him and his soothing ignorant media gang. Mr. Mahinda Rajapaksa visited Russia twice during the tenure of his presidency.
These visits took place in the years 2010 and 2011. He made his first visit in 2010 on the invitation of the then Russian President Dimitri Medvedev. President Putin was the Prime Minister of Russia during that time. During the first visit he was felicitated with an Honorary Degree by the Moscow Friendship University In recognition of his service for world peace and defeat of terrorism. Mr. Rajapaksa was the 6th world leader to be honoured with this Degree. He was also presented with a golden crown embedded with jewels
Susil Premjayanth and Anura Priyadarshana Yapa who are Ministers in the present government also accompanied Mr. Rajapaksa on this visit. .
The second visit in 2011 was his first foreign visit in his second term.
In 2011 he was invited to attend the 3 day International Economic Summit held in the Russian City of St. Petersburg. Leaders of China, Spain and Finland also attended this Summit and Sri Lanka was represented in this Summit for the first time. The Summit was held under the theme of ‘Emerging Leadership for a New Era’ and it discussed about sustaining global development, making innovative use of accumulating Russian capital, and expansion of technical advantages. The Summit also focussed attention on global economic crisis.
As a result of this visit Sri Lanka received immense benefits which included development assistance to the tune of 300 Million U.S.Dollars, assistance for oil and gas exploration from the giant Russian oil firm Gasprom, and assistance in the technical, educational, cultural and media fields.
Ministers G.L.Peiris, Rohita Bogollagama, Wimal Weerawansa, Mahindananda Aluthgamage and several others accompanied the President in this visit.
Meanwhile the pro UNP website Lanka-e-News reported that the prime objective of Sirisena’s Russian visit was to arrange a 300 Million U.S.Dollar illicit Russian ship purchase mega deal for Sri Lanka Navy by Raja Mahendran alias Kili Maharaja the Chief of Capital Maharaja Co. and two agents on behalf Killi Maharaja was part of Sirisena’s delegation.
The Website said that Nimal Cooke and Shevan Daniel had gone along with the official delegation of the government and the primary objective of Maharaja was to steer ahead the U.S. 300 million dollars warship deal successfully , and somehow secure the agency from Rosoboronexport Co. located in Moscow , which is a state and private sectors combined enterprise dealing in arms and weapons suypply. The website also reported that Cooke and Daniel had moved heaven and earth using every trick in the book to arrange a meeting between the President and the chiefs of Rosoboronexport Co. in order to ‘fix’ the deal. LEN also states that the only individual who could do business in the LTTE controlled areas was Maharaja and he was providing facilities to the LTTE cadres in Colombo on the sly, and also financially supporting the LTTE .
The website further states that most leaders pretended they were deaf and blind because of the massive kickbacks and benefits many leaders received from Maharaja and If the present JVP leader too pretends he did not even know the name of Maharaja he was a baby sleeping in the cradle into whose mouth a soother has been thrust
The allegation about this mega ship deal is a very serious one and all Sri Lankans need a clarification from Sirisena himself on this matter. Will he do that? Let us wait and see how he is going to hoodwink us if he ever thinks of responding to (End)