I was informed of an ‘imminent threat’ the day before – IGP
Posted on June 6th, 2019

Courtesy Adaderana

IGP Pujith Jayasundara, testifying before the Special Parliament Select Committee, stated that, on 20th of April, he had received a telephone call that ‘something’ could happen on the 21st.

Former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando had given the said telephone call between 6.30 p.m. to 8.00 p.m., the IGP said.

According to the IGP, he was only told that there is an imminent threat and that something could take place the following day.

The IGP added that he subsequently informed the senior DIGs of the Northern, Eastern and Southern provinces in this regard and asked them to notify others as well.

More information regarding the conversations could be obtained by inspecting his telephone calls.

The IGP further emphasized that he had notified every responsible person regarding the possible attacks

3 Responses to “I was informed of an ‘imminent threat’ the day before – IGP”

  1. Randeniyage Says:

    Mass murder by Sirisena+Ranil

    Former Defense Secretary, Hemasiri Fernando testifying before the Parliamentary Select Committee (PSC) a short while ago spoke extensively about Sirisena’s handling of the Defense Ministry, shedding harsh light on the President’s pig headed ways that cost the nation over 250 lives.

    Echoing claims made by PM Ranil Wickremesinghe, Minister Ruwan Wijewardena and suspended IGP Pujitha, Fernando says Sirisena specifically instructed him not to invite the Prime Minister, State Minister for Defense and IGP for National Security Council meetings.

    Fernando claims he was ‘helpless’ as a Secretary as his Minister barely made time for him. He claims at times he would be made to wait for almost three hours just to get files signed.

    He also says there was little contribution he could make in terms of briefing Sirisena as he was not willing to hear any intelligence information from anyone other than State Intelligence Chief Nilantha Jayawardena.

    “After being appointed as Defense Secretary, I tried twice to brief President on intelligence reports but was informed on both occasions that the SIS Chief had already informed him…For the rest of my five and a half months in office I did not brief him again,” Fernando says adding, early on he understood the SIS Chief maintained a direct communication line to the President.

    It was also revealed during Fernando’s statement before the PSC, that since November 15, 2018 the Defence apparatus was equipped with information on terrorist Zaharan and his sympathy for ISIS terrorism and Jihadism. Failure to act on ample information available only goes to show Sirisena’s absolute inadequateness to handle the Ministry of Defense.

  2. Randeniyage Says:

    Very sad how an honest official restricted by the “Executive” president who is used to a system where a country is run by personal preferences and liking.
    We should change this system so that officials can do their duty honestly and retire with honor. Any comment supportive of this dictatorial system is a Deshadrohi comment.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf7PmiJGsMo

  3. Dilrook Says:

    Impeach crazy Sirisena now before he does some more serious damage.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

 

 


Copyright © 2019 LankaWeb.com. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Wordpress