Kuwait to suspend all flights from Friday over coronavirus
Posted on March 11th, 2020

Courtesy Adaderana

Kuwait has declared that it will be suspending all flights from Friday. The gulf country will, however, limit inbound trips for Kuwaiti citizens and their first-degree relatives. Cargo flights are also excluded. 

It also announced a public holiday from March 12 to March 26. These steps have been taken to contain the spread of the deadly coronavirus outbreak.

Kuwait has also said that it will not allow residents to meet in restaurants, cafes and commercial centres, according to the Kuwait News Agency said.

The ministry of Islamic affairs will disseminate messages warning on the dangers of gatherings” and informing worshippers on how to avoid infections at mosques.

The measures will effectively put a halt to many public aspects of life in Kuwait in an effort to keep people isolated. Medical experts have advised social distancing is an effective way of containing the virus.

The country announced three new cases on Wednesday, bringing the total number of infected individuals to 72. One of the newly diagnosed patients had recently travelled to Iran. 

The other two patients had come into contact with an individual that was previously infected after returning from Azerbaijan.

Health Minister Sheikh Basel Al-Sabah announced on Wednesday that three individuals had successfully recovered from the respiratory illness, bringing the total number of recovered cases to five.

-Agencies

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

 

 


Copyright © 2022 LankaWeb.com. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Wordpress