Tamil Tiger annahilation Victory Day Celebrations at Beaconhill North, Ottawa, Canada
Posted on May 19th, 2016
Asoka Weerasinghe Ottawa, Canada
19 May 2016
Hon. Maithripala Sirisena, President of Sri Lanka
Hon. Ranil Wickramasinghe, Prime Minister of Sri Lanka.
Honorable Gentlemen of the Republic of Sri Lanka:
It is with absolute glee that I share with you my personal celebration of the 7th Anniversary Victory of the Eelam War in my home.
- Time: 6:00 AM on 19th May 2016;
- Pinned the Sri Lankan National Flag on to the wall of my home library;
- Stood at attention with my right palm in salute for the brave men and women in military uniform who gave back 21 million Sri Lankans their right-to-life, which had been hijacked by the Tamil Tigers for 27 bloody years, and saved the Yahapalana leaders and politicians from being blown to smithereens with Tamil Tiger claymore mines and suicide bombs sending them home in plywood boxes in puzzles of heads, arms and limbs wrapped in ketchup red bloodied torn flesh;
- while a CD played the Rana-bera, the daula and the tammattama the uniformed War Heroes Return March having won the war;
- And for those sons and daughters who gave their lives to win this war who were not with the rest of the marching heroes who marched back home with honour and pride, some hobbling because of blown-off limbs helped by crutches, having vanquished the Tamil Tigers;
- And said POX to all the Yahapalanayas for insulting these war heroes, especially my personal hero, Hasalaka Veeraya, for dishonouring them by cancelling the Victory Day celebrations.
- I concluded my personal Victory Day celebration by singing my personal National Anthem with apologies to the authors of “O Canada’ and “This land is Your Land’.
‘This land is your land, and this land is my land,
from Point Pedro to south coast Dondra
from the surrounding Indian Ocean waters
and bathed by the the Mahaveli waters,
as this land was meant for you and me.
The sun came shining, when I was strolling
and the paddy fields were swaying
and the blue-cotton clouds rolling,
I could hear the voices sounding
no one should insult my war heroes
and no one should dissect this island in to two
as this land is for you and me.
And O! Sri Lanka, my home and native land,
I shall stand on guard for thee in Canada
even though the Tamil Diaspora try causing me fear
as I have stood tall for you for the last 30 long years.