Port City liability touches a billion
Posted on March 27th, 2015

Courtesy The Nation

The contingent liability arising as a result of suspending the Port City project has touched a staggering over Rs.1 billion as at today (28). The Chinese contractor CHEC Colombo Port City (Pvt) Ltd told The Nation that they have a legal right to obtain  compensation from the Government for losses suffered due to the current suspension of the project”. CHEC had earlier estimated an approximately Rs.50 million loss per day resulting out of the imposition of a suspension by the government on March 6, 2015.

2 Responses to “Port City liability touches a billion”

  1. Hiranthe Says:

    They have to pay for the idling plant and labour including all other running costs. Generally, most of these plant and equipment are hired from different agencies. The China Habour company are liable to pay those agencies regardless.

    Our big fat belly ministers do not know the gravity of their actions. Now who will be held responsible for this. MR? GR? or BR?

  2. Fran Diaz Says:

    Who pays ? Not those who caused this to happen !

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

 

 


Copyright © 2018 LankaWeb.com. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Wordpress