HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH CHINESE? CHINESE WILL TWIST RANIL’S ARMS CARRING A BEGGING BOWL
Posted on April 2nd, 2016
By M D P DISSANAYAKE
Since grabbing power through unconstitutional methods, Mr Ranil Wickremasinghe government tried to find out corrupt deals between Chinese Government and the former government of President Mahinda Rajapakse. Headlines after headlines were given front page banner lines attacking Chinese Projects in Sri Lanka. Since coming into power Ranil and his government did everything at their disposal to bring Chinese Government into disrepute. The government pleased Americans and Indians to such an extent, an atmosphere was created that Chinese were Enemies of Sri Lanka.
Now, suddenly, our Rt Hon Prime Minister Mr Ranil Wickremasinghe is on a voyage of discovery with a begging bowl to resurrect the diplomatic relationships and re-start the chinese funded major projects that were put in place by President Mahinda Rajapakse.
The way Chinese Government had been treated by Ranil since becoming Prime Minster, have been reported to the Chinese High Command, by the Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka.
Ranil will be taught several lessons during his proposed trip to China. He will not come back with bag full of good news. Chinese will put Ranil in his proper place.
Ranil will learn several tips of how to do business with Chinese. Some of them are:
- Chinese do not make quick decisions
- Chinese do not make quick friends
- Chinese generally are not friendly people
- Chinese generally do not trust you
- Chinese will drag on business negotiations
- If Chinese says YES, it means NO
- If Chinese says NO, it could mean YES
- Chinese business deals are extremely complicated
- Chinese calculate projects costing to the Nth degree, with minute details;
- Chinese deal at micro level at the base line details, not at macro level top of the tree;
- Chinese business negotiation style will annoy you as their tactics are changed constantly
- Chinese will reverse the decisions made yesterday during negotiations and impose new conditions the day after
- Chinese do not talk too much
- Chinese dislike those who criticise them one day, praise another day
- Chinese dislike those who praise Americans and Indians whilst attacking Chinese
- Chinese hate being used, when reach them as the last resort after failing to seek financial injections from Americans, Westerners and Indians
- if you are playing games and try to use Chinese when you are in trouble, Chinese will prolong your agony
- Chinese can stand alone
- Chinese don’t need Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka need Chinese
- Americans, Europeans need Chinese
- Chinese are proud
- Chinese are rich with 2.5 times gross domestic productivity compared to Americans and Westerners,
- Chinese can make Americans poorer by a stroke of pen
- if you are a friend of Chinese, then you are a Chinese friend.
- Chinese will only help a true friend.
“ You can’t expect both ends of a sugar cane are as sweet”